Friday 21 January 2011

B-Day dinner @ MELENZANÈ

Melenzane was the place to go, when we decided to celebrate our friend's B-day :D the Vespa was waiting on the door, an odd decoration touch for an unusual place, Melenzane all in all is very different when it comes to interior design the whole place is flipped upside down from the inside


Now this Special thanks board really attracted me, I love personal touches!


This is from Melenzane to all the people who participated in the making of the place :} a very gently and nice gesture from the owners
Now the FOOD


I loved this drink called ruby red or red ruby! am bad with names :p yummy red thingie!



For appetizers and salad we took:
Rocca Bed
Ammaru
Fritta mozarilla

All were yummy! Ammaru is highly recommended for shrimp lovers, we all liked the starters
 
Now for the MAINS

Pasta alla norma
Pelemaro risotto

I'm not into aubergine "and I dare to come to, Melenzane = aubergine in Italian :p" BUT this alla norma changed my mind! really nice, The risotto is very nice also, not too creamy nor too dry! both dishes won!


Also we ordered for the main

Vitelo Rosmarino
Gambroni

Now the Rosmarino was much liked by our friend :} but my favorite fried shrimp in Kuwait is Gambroni! I was really glad one of the gals ordered it because I totally forgot about it, and I really think its the best around, it became the appetizer I always order when I go to Melenzane. Again all dishes were winners

The Surprise cake!


A big RED VELVET made specially for the birthday :} you can pre-order it, on a normal basis its a single person desert dish that P0ach wrote about a while ago, and he is DAMN right, it is a YUMMY cake, even took the place of the November Bakery's red velvet to me, it was the 1st now its the 2nd :p Because their red velvet has the right amount of the cheese flavor and cake! not too sweet nor too cheesy, especially that the top layer/ covering is cake not frosting so it made all the difference

and that's how the 25th of December of 2010 was celebrated :> Kudos to the place owners & workers, a good restaurant to visit

No comments: