Saturday 8 October 2011

'You've got to find what you love,' Steve Jobs

No, this is not another roundup of his life type of post, and frankly I was not intending to, except he may Allah rest his soul in peace made a remarkable speech in 2005 that I knew about from American Girl blog ... See and LISTEN well to what he said and below is my cometary




Here are excerpts from his speech that were really insightful ..

From the 1st story
"Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
From the 2nd story
"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."
And from the 3rd story 
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

The above is pretty much self-explanatory, I prefer celebrating people while they are alive rather than after they are gone from this life, but Steve's case was very unique. In terms of how much his life would have been different if he didn't find what he LOVED, if he didn't trust his heart, love remains to me with constant reminders from allover the world is the key to this life.

Live with love, do what you love, is the sentence I intended to close this post with. However, today of all days I came across how I miss represented my love, how in simple actions I conveyed my  thoughts in the form of "taking control and orders" to someone in particular and Allah knows who else in this world :} Although the message was conveyed to me in a great gentle way to carefully watch my feelings, yet seeing how I miss portrayed my self was painfully, good; felt like a pinch on the cheek LOL! To all of them out there, I am sorry. The next is how I decided to say my closure:

I will live with love, for love and do what I love, the choice of how you will live your life, is yours.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear,
Live it with love, doing what you love.
I think his speach touched all hears, i feel bad for those who read it or listen to it and don't feel anything.
Very simple speach in simple english so all can understand.
Didn't you feel comfortable after lsitening to it? i did big time and was sooooo sooo happy and felt so many things i don't know how to explain all the feelings i felt.
He gave us imac, iphone, ipod, ipad
and icomfort, iwisdom.
NA

Q80-ChillGirl said...

Anony

As the matter of fact YES i felt comfortable and was impressed with the simple language! He even explained dogma, he simplified everything and reached everyone.