Thursday 9 December 2004

Sky walker Vs. Yoshika

Painting has always been interesting for me, also I have been intending to feature an artist that I liked his/her work to talk about the art & that person's biography. Unfortunately that thought left me & I didn’t give it its freedom until Sky Walker commented on my previous post
& asked about the profile picture, that instantly clicked @@,, I wanted to search more about the artist I knew she was Japanese & that’s it saved the picture then added it to my "look up for" list on the bookmarks. So thanks to sky walker I got to:

1-Remember an old posting idea that I totally forgot about, hence I will stop whining about what I will post about :D.
2-Letting me look up for an artist I forgot about for a LONG while with all the crowded stuff around me.



So here goes the post about Yoshika Murakami …

I will quote some of what the artist said about her self in her site that is under construction BUT I got into this page!! (How?? you might ask, it's the magic of Yahoo!)

"Yoshika…
Add beauty, add goodness to life. Keep growing as you do so…
That is the meaning of my name"

To read more click HERE

Through all the links I looked up for her "that are listed below" she expresses her belief that she has a role in life & as every one does, right now she is still in the search for it & has a deep passion for painting. A very optimistic person as I felt that too from her work, the use of bright colors is a big factor I think it is the reason of the beauty I see in her work.

** She is born in Ehime, Japan in 1972 … more on that is @ 123soho.com

** This is a small page containing her biography & work too its @ w3art.com

** As for the site that I knew about her the 1st it was ZAZZLE.com
, the best thing about zazzle is they mention the artists & provide you with links for them if there are available. I used to look up in their gallery a lot, I love it there.

** Art studio (I didn’t like it much because it didn’t contain the love^3 picture ;p)

** This is my favorite, Since its short & simple @ ALLinto.com

I was amazed of the number of sites this artist has yet not a lot were accompanied with dates so I can know what is old & what is new! That’s why I didn’t quote much since I cant have a clear image of all her work in one place :} this made my search more complex but surely fun
give it a go & see what this artist has to offer :}..

Have a nice weekend all :}

*Curently: Watching "Spirited Away" again, this time from the beggining*


6 comments:

Jelly Belly said...

I could see why you like her work, very vibrant and fun. I don't know you personally but from what I gather her paintings reflects your colorful personality. .
By the way I love spirited away, it's one of my favorite movies, may I recommend (grave of the fireflies) when you do watch it just make sure you have some Kleenex handy ;)

Q80-ChillGirl said...

JB :}

you got it right, & that is why i thought like for 1000000000 times b4 i posted them, coz i feel they really talk about me :} so who ever gets them right can understand alot in me (but still with out knowing the actual me wouldnt be accurate BUT very close)... not because i like to be misterious but its more because am a private person :}.

will see what u recomended :D thanx dear,, i wrote about spirited away earlier & as D'n'G said its like the twisted japaniese version of Alice in wonderland. I love it :}

Q80-ChillGirl said...

Misguided

True :} that is what got into me in her work, the colors & simple ideas,, just makes you smile from the heart when u look deep into them, especially the love love love one,, i see it as a message to people to love & be loved with all the brightness in this world optimism should always be in ur heart & mind.

Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Yoshika! Spirited Away! Sushi (inshalla soon)! Wanasa!

Q80-ChillGirl said...

LOL

well sushi is gona take a while i think :D

Q80-ChillGirl said...

HeLLo there SW :}

Thank you for your nice words & i will continue inshallah :} .. Oo Yes you are the one who inspired me to write about something I love & the least thing i could do is mention u the person who started it again. Thank you